Free Medical Screening centre
In May 2014, JAKIN N. G. O kicked off a free basic medical checkup and referral centre located within the office premises. This project is a scale up of the existing stand-alone HIV Counselling and Testing centre which was established in 2012. The centre which is manned by a qualified and certified health personnel serves as a referral point between community members, primary health centres and Government Hospitals. Over 2,000 Clients have already benefitted since inception.
The objectives of these activities are as follows;
- for early detection of diseases and making referrals to government hospitals
- To bridge the gap between community members and government hospitals.
- To increase awareness and patronage of available government medical institutions and services.
- To prevent people from patronizing quack doctors.
- To make people live a positive life style.
- To educate people on health matters.
Medical screenings conducted
The services provided include:
- Basic vital signs checkup which include weight, temperature, height, body mass index (BMI)
- Test on malaria, diabetes, blood pressure, hiv, hepatitis b, sti and family planning.
- Pregnancy test for teenage girls.
- Distribution of health educative materials to clients
- Health counseling
- Breast cancer screening